We are a healthcare-focused angel investor group comprised of accredited investors with extensive experience in the medical, life sciences, IT, legal and a wide range of other sectors.
With many of our members active in the healthcare sector, MEDA Angels’ investments in technologies reflect not only strong validation of the products invested in, but members can often represent natural, prospective customers and impactful advisors to portfolio companies. Thus, MEDA Angels represent more than a funding source but also strategic partners.
We’re open to virtually any health-related sector from digital health/SaaS, to therapeutics, medical devices, in vitro diagnostics, imaging and consumer food/wellness products.
Meet The Team
Elizabeth Cho-Fertikh, PhD
Co-Founder & Managing Director
- 25 years cancer research, regulatory affairs, grants administration & angel investing
- ECF Biosolutions, Washington, DC
- BA, Johns Hopkins University
- PhD, Thomas Jefferson Medical School
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institutes of Health & Harvard Medical School
Amir Rafii, MD
- Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, San Francisco Bay area
- BS, University of California, Berkeley
- MD, Georgetown Medical School
- Residency, University of California, Davis
- Fellowship, Virginia Mason Hospital
Mark J. Libassi, MD
- Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Philadelphia, PA area.
- MD, Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Residency, Hospital of the Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Lehigh Valley Hospital (Trauma Surgery & Critical Care)
Danai Brooks, MBA
- Managing Partner, Glen Echo Capital
- Priors: COO, Dyadic, sold to Dupont 2015; JP Morgan, Mergers & Acquisitions
- BS, Cornell University
- MBA, Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
Fred Gumbinner, JD
- 30+ years micro private equity & angel investing
- Managing Partner, G2 GEM Finance & ICON Finance
- BA, Colgate University
- JD, University of Michigan School of Law
Daniel Geselowitz, PhD
- Angel Investor, Patent Agent specializing in biotech & chemical art, Kratz, Quintos & Hanson
- BS, Haverford University
- PhD, Stanford University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Nancy L. Cho, MD
- Endocrine cancer surgery & cancer research, Brigham & Women’s Hospital & Harvard Medical School.
- BS, Harvard University
- MD, Columbia Medical School
- Residency & Fellowship, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
MEDA Angels identifies and screens promising deal flow opportunities sourced from throughout the US and on occasion, internationally. We invest in mid-seed to Series A investment opportunities meeting the criteria as described below under the “For Startups” section.
Screening of deal flow is conducted by domain experts ensuring that solid deal flow is presented to members.
Meetings are held as follows:
- Bimonthly (every 2 months): virtual pitch meetings
- Ad hoc: virtual pitch meeting when a highly promising investment opportunity arises
- 3-4x a year: on site pitch or educational seminars in the metro Washington, DC , Philadelphia or San Francisco region. Educational seminars will be focused on investment or domain-specific topics of relevance to investors.
We invite accredited investors to join as members! To check whether you qualify for accredited investor status per the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission regulations, CLICK HERE .
Click here to learn more about our memberships.
Welcome entrepreneurs! We’d love to learn more about your technology or product. We tend to invest in mid-seed and Series A-ready companies, with a strong preference for equity investment opportunities. If yours meets these criteria and those described below, please apply by submitting a pitch deck and executive summary. We will conduct an initial screening and reach out with our decision. If selected, we will be pleased to extend an invitation to present to our members! Thank you for your interest in MEDA Angels.
- health IT: beta-test completed with some revenue generation or contracts
- consumer products: some revenue-generation
- for therapeutics & medical devices: proof of concept & pilot toxicology studies completed
- for diagnostic & imaging products: pilot studies completed
This website and the information contained herein is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell securities or any other financial instrument. Any information regarding the sales of financial instruments or trading or investment performance must be considered in conjunction with the appropriate disclosure documents. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. MEDA Angels, LLC is not an investment advisor, venture fund, investment bank, broker nor dealer, and it does not recommend or otherwise provides advice with respect to investments in any company, security or industry. It is not a registered as an investment advisor, broker/dealer or in any other capacity with the Securities Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. MEDA Angels, LLC does not opine on the accuracy of any information provided by a presenting company. Each Member is responsible for his or her own due diligence investigation and investment decisions. All investments in startup companies involve a high degree of risk, and investors should be able to bear the risk of complete financial loss of their investment. The choice to use, manner of utilization of, and information and knowledge gained through MEDA Angels, LLC is each Member’s individual choice. MEDA Angels, LLC does not provide any tax, compliance, reporting, legal or other advice, and Members should seek appropriate professional assistance in connection with their consideration of each investment opportunity.